Boudoir Questions Answered



What is a Boudoir Session?


What exactly is a boudoir session? 
Well, here you go. A boudoir session is done in anything from lounging sleepwear to nothing at all. Some women even wear dresses or skirts and blouses. Your picture is taken usually in a bedroom setting, but can be taken anywhere you feel comfortable with. Feel free to let your imagination run wild. Poses range from very modest and sweet posing to more sultry, seductive posing. Again, this all depends on what you are comfortable with doing. Each boudoir session is completely different from the next. Every person is different and has different tastes. 


 I'm interested, but I'm no supermodel. How would that work? 
I have rarely had a client that was built like a Runway Model. Most of my clients are average size and build. I have had curvy clients also, and every single one has loved not only their finished portraits, but their experience as well. We all want to feel pampered and beautiful and we are all beautiful no matter our size. As a photographer, we find the poses and angles that show off your features. 


I'm interested but I'm too shy and nervous to do a boudoir shoot. 
Almost every client that comes to me has been nervous and a few were a little shy. Once they realized how much fun it was and how relaxing and comfortable the shoot really was, they were pros and all of their nervousness disappeared. We all have apprehension, and that is perfectly normal. If you haven't ever done anything like this before, it can be a little nerve-wracking. My best advice would be if you are interested, go for it. You will be glad you took the chance to try something new.

What does one bring to a boudoir shoot?
As I stated above, clothing options range from dress clothes to lingerie to nothing at all. You can discuss clothing options with your photograher. I always reccomend bringing your favorite heels. I mean every girl loves her heels right? I also reccomend the client wear makeup. This prevents you from looking washed out in your pictures. Of course, if you want the complete pampering package, use a makeup artist for hair and makeup. Bring matching accessories to your outfits, if available. If you are doing the session as a gift to someone special, bring some of their favorite items along to the shoot. (i.e. favorite shirt, hat, tie, uniform, etc.) 


Can I bring a friend along?
Sure, bring a friend along for moral support. I think it's a great idea! Absolutely! I even offer packages for my clients and their friends to do boudoir sessions as a party. A girls day out! 


Here is a few words from past clients on their experience with boudoir sessions.

Boudoir Reviews:

  • I was a nervous wreck about my boudoir session. I really wanted to do it but was uncomfortable about being half dressed in front of someone other than my husband. Mindy assured me it would be fun. I talked another girlfriend into doing it with me and we mustered up the courage to go ahead and have them done. Sure enough, it was not bad at all. It was very painless and Mindy made sure we were comfortable at all times. She let us lead the session and she gave her expert advice when needed. After it was all said and done I was nervous for no reason. My husband was more than thrilled with my little surprise! 
  • I've always wanted to do a Boudoir photo session for my husband but never thought i would have the guts to do it. I finally booked one and was extremely nervous about doing it. After the first couple of shots I was excited cause I couldn't wait to see how they would turn out. I had soooo much fun and Mindy made me feel sooo comfortable . I'm sure the hubby will thank her too! Book yours now.....you won't regret it! Thanks again for the awesome experience!  
  • To any woman that can never think of what to get your husband or boyfriend for Valentine's Day, Anniversary, Christmas, Birthday, or just because, I HIGHLY recommend doing a Boudoir Session with MDP Photography!!! Mindy is super professional and never once made me feel embarrassed or unsexy! In fact, I walked out of my session feeling very sexy and relieved to finally have a gift for my husband that I KNOW he will enjoy!!!! The pictures have come out great! I never knew I could even look like that! I can't even pick out a favorite because I like them all! 
  • I was excited yet extremely nervous to do this Boudoir photo shoot. Being half naked in front of someone I didn't know was very scary to me ! Mindy was extremely nice! She didn't make me feel awkward at all! She made me very comfortable ! My experience was great and my husband loved his anniversary gift ! Thanks again Mindy!

Now that all of that is said and done, here are a few more pictures from a recent boudoir session. 







You can find me on Facebook, Google+, and Instagram


Comments

  1. I wanted to do something different for my husband on Valentine's Day so I decided to get boudoir pictures taken. I was so nervous to have my picture taken half naked but Mindy made it very comfortable for me. The shoot went great even though I had no idea what I was doing! The pictures came out great! Thanks Mindy!
    ~April Coates~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Contestants for the Prop-tacular Mini Session Contest

Beautiful day for a family session