Tips for getting better pictures with your phone

Tips for Better Phone Pictures

     My blog for the 10th of this month will be on getting better pictures with your phone. I was reading a blog from MPIX and I thought it was so insightful. There are so many times I am stuck without my camera and find that perfect Kodak moment. What is one to do at this point? Well, most of us pull out our handy, dandy smart phones. 

You can read the blog from MPIX by clicking HERE.

Here are more tips for better pictures with your phone:

1. Be a Ninja. When kids see a camera they either shy away or head straight for your camera. If you pull out your phone and just snap away while they are not paying attention, you will get beautiful lifestyle type pictures. I experimented with this just the other day. I found out kids move ALL of the time! So, I made sure to snap, snap, snap and I saved the ones that came out and deleted the ones that didn't.

Here is what I captured:



2. Figure out your subject and compose the rest of the picture to make it stand out.

Tip and Photo Credit belongs to Vanessa Mickey @ POBX

3. Try to keep your background free from distractions like trashcans, cars, random people, etc. Look for backgrounds that add character to your picture.


4. Try looking for similar colors or a color patterns that compliment each other. Look for colors all around you. The world is a beautiful place and there is color everywhere you look, even in a bowl of minestrone soup.


What are you waiting for? Start snapping. Good luck! I would love for you to share your photos with me. 
You can find me on Facebook, Instagram (#MDPPhotographyNOLA), Twitter, and Google+ or by Email.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Contestants for the Prop-tacular Mini Session Contest

Beautiful day for a family session